Tuesday, September 6, 2011



Perhaps......no, likely what I am about to share is one of those silly self-imposed ideas that we all have. OK, I guess I can't speak for you, but I'll admit to having them.

I often wonder what people think when they see my body behave in strange ways. For instance, what runs through peoples' mind when they wittness my hand suddenly hit the table because of a muscle spasm?

Well, a number of options come to mind right of the bat, you see:
People might conclude:
A) I'm mad, and I like to hit my hand on hard objects........it's a stress reliever
B) I enjoy making a statement (as if I need to hit my hand against a table to accomplish this)
C) I have a thing called cerebral palsy that take control of most of my body whenever and however it chooses to.

Well, it's true....I do get mad, and, if I'm honest, I don't mind making a statement now and then. However, as most of my readers know, the reason I hit tables from time to time is due to cerebal palsy.

Rarely, am I completely still. While streching out on your favorite beach chair sounds relaxing, I prefer a straightj acket. Give me a straight jacket, a chick flick and some popcorn and I'll be one happy girl. (You might need to feed me, though, as my arms will be relaxing in the confines of the straight jacket!)

As I was explaining the complexities of this matter to my friends a while back, I told the following story to illistate my point:

Some 13 years ago, I was on my first date with a gentlemen from my school. We doubled with another couple. I couldn't tell you where we ate. I couldn't tell you what we talked about. I couldn't tell you much of anything about that night, really.




But, what I do remeber with clearity is this: we were sitting in the Sibley theater, and right there, mid-way through the movie Stepmother, my date slipped his hand into mine. WOW. This gentle, non-restrive movement sent my hand and arm into a frenzie!! I didn't know whether to give the guy a quick lesson on the nuerological system right then and there, to pull my hand away or to just sweat - and shake - my way through it. I sweat and shook.......A LOT!

We did go on a few dates after that; dates that did not include hand-holding!!! Oh, and I eventually saw the entire movie.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are precious Kelly. Can't wait to read more of your blog. Stacy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another informative web site. The

place else could I am getting that type of information written in
such a

perfect manner? I've a mission that

I am simply now working on, and I have been at the look out for

such information.
my web site :: www.alicanteproperty.net